Taipei 101

Taipei 101
We're Here

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sight Seeing

We spent yesterday sight-seeing. In the morning we went to the jade market, which was a really neat experience. So many beautiful things...Mike made Fion nervous because he kept hanging back to talk to the vendors. We then went to Taipei 101 and took the elevator to the top. It was amazing...I have been to the top of the Sears Tower and the Empire State Building, but this elevator ranks at the top. We were at the top in seconds and barely felt like we were moving. It was a fairly clear day so we could see the mountains surrounding Taipei. It was really busy so went to a neighboring building for lunch and had hot-pots. I was a little nervous cooking my chicken with the same chop sticks that I was eating with...my mother-in-law would not approve :>) Fion said the high temperature of the water cleans the chop sticks...I was hungry so trusted her opinion. It was very good. We topped the meal off with some ice cream, the universal food. We went and saw the Xingtian Temple, which was very hot and crowded, but neat to see. We went back to the hotel and I was exhausted...guess the time change is affecting us.

Today is "Gotcha Day" and we can't wait. Fion is picking us up at 11:30 to head to the Program 3 office and then on to the foster family to pick up Emma Chia-Chen.

No comments: